Sunday 13 April 2014

Pancake Sunday #4

After feeling so sick on Friday morning, I didn't even go to the cafe on my last working day which is really disappointing actually.
Without this good bye day, it's just weird that suddenly it's over. Ok, ok, it's not that I don't go there anymore, I know my work is not totally over, it's just changing into a different level. I still want to help and do what I can, but won't be there every single day and won't be the smiling barista girl who welcomes guests on an early Monday morning.
That's sad, but good. It was my choice, a hard choice indeed. I'm tired of being tired and I need new challenges. And I have a couple of them already, so although I won't have a daily job, I feel I'm still going to be a busy girl.
I'm truly excited about this new lifestyle. 
But... That post supposed to be about PANCAKES.
So let's talk about it. ;)
 
Today (after an amazingly long sleep, a totally late breakfast, a well deserved visit to Lush) we went to Maramuto Japanese tea house.
It was so perfect to sit there, it was calm and peaceful, sitting by the sunny window... ahh, totally zen feeling! Loved it so much! This is how I imagine a nice Sunday afternoon.
And for sure I'll go back there more often.
But back to pancakes.
Buying matcha to prepare drinks and special cakes, was already on my shopping list, but now that I had a delicious matcha coffee latte I was so inspired to get a small bag of this wonderful green tea powder.
 
 
 
 
 
Of course I was so excited to try it immediately, and as it's Sunday... it was no question.
 I prepared Matcha Pancakes.
 
I used this recipe as an inspiration, but I was trying to change it a bit healthier and also I had to replace a few ingredients I didn't find at home.
 
Here is what I used:
 
1 cup graham flour
1 tbsp xilit
1 tbsp tapioca syrup
2 tbsp matcha (powder)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup ground almond
1/4 cup oat bran
1 large eggs (beaten)
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp grape oil
 
Make a smooth mixture and fry them in a pan. When it's ready, you can use melted butter to flavor the pancakes and/or natural tapioca, plum or maple syrup. Also recommended to slice some fruits, I guess it's a perfect breakfast this way.
Check out the original version too and enjoy! ;)
 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment