Monday 10 June 2013

No Arctic Circle today :(

So, basically, just very breefly I had a disappointing day!
I walked 45 minutes to Akureyri Airport to wait there 2 hours, to get the news that they still have no clue what time the plane can leave, because of bad weather conditions....
Just before 3PM I gave it up, because the one and only ferry leaves back from the island at 4PM. So not that there was no chance to take at least a wee walk in Grimsey, because I might still have done the trip if they at least guarantee that I catch the ferry. But no.
They refunded my money, but I still had the ferry ticket which was actually exactly the same price as the flight.
So, I had an other 45 minutes walk back to the centre and managed to get my money back at the information office. Actually they were really so nice that didn't even ask for any certification, they just simply gave me the cash! That's cool at least!

But still, I was very sad... So what else can make you happier than a huge sugary cake and a latte at my favorite cafe.


There was the pont I found out I won't give up! I longern my stay in Akureyri and go to Grimsey on Wednesday. But simply by ferry both there and back. Don't risk the flight anymore.
I had to book an extra night, but for the last day in Iceland I really need my privacy so booked it next door at the gueshouse and I'll have my own room!!
But check out and check in will be lovely as I leave very early and come back very late...

And of course with that change I risk my way back home as I'll go back to Reykjavik on the same day when my flight is. Previously I organised the way it was, to make sure, in any case I get back to the city.
Fingers crossed! I don't want to stuck here, although would be great to spend more time in Iceland... but not without money, accomodation and plans.. :P

Let's hope tomorrow's Lake Myvatn excursion won't be cancelled, otherwise I really go crazy!!!

And actually I can't understand what's going on. At first I almost couldn't take my flight from Budapest to Reykjavik. It was really just about minutes and loots of worrying.
Then they cancelled my Southern shore trip which was including a flight and managed to do the trip both ways only by bus.
But I still felt happy that I have this Grimsey flight booked and then booom. Extreme deley.
I try not to worry about my flights back home!! Hopefully that was all and from now I'll be lucky again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment