Saturday 1 June 2013

First morning in Arnarstrapi


01.06.2013
11 AM

My second morning in Iceland and the first one in Arnarstrapi, western part of the country.
I can’t really find the right words to discribe what I see and what I feel.

Honestly before my journey I had a bit of fear, what if I wait too much from this trip, what if my big dream won’t be as dreamy and what if I won’t feel that it really woth it.
But it’s not a question anymore, not at all!

No photos and videos can show how is it in real. You have to be here, you have to breathe in the fresh air, hear the seabirds, see the snowy, misty hills behind, the rocky beach with the little waterfalls and rivers on them… You have to experience the midnight sun, the rainy wind blowing into your face… And all these together makes it so perfect!
Even that my feet is totally wet now after 5 mins of morning walk… I don’t think my shoes are made to use them here…
I left my proper hiking shoes I used in Scotland at home.
But never mind, these tiny little deatils seems so uninportant.


Same feelings about the things at home. In these 2 weeks I don’t want to keep thinking about what’s at home, is it going to be good to get back, or I’ll feel emptiness after such an amazing trip…
Or I might feel homesick after a few days here … Who knows, who cares! Just enjoy the moment!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment